It is also known as bottle gourd/lau/lauki. This South Asian squash is indeed bottle shaped, light green and long. The flesh inside is spongy and you can also cut it into small pieces and make a curry out of it. Bottle gourd or lauki is over 90% water therefore it is easy to digest.
- It is cooling, calming, diuretic and anti-bilious.
- Like cranberries, bottle gourd or lauki supports the urinary system of our body by reducing burning sensation from high acidic urination.
- It contains many vitamins and minerals, such as, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, Vitamin A, C and folate.
- It is extremely popular for weight loss. Especially the bottle gourd or lauki juice.
- Bottle gourd is extremely popular for reducing high blood pressure and keeping your heart healthy
- Lauki or bottle gourd is known to combat excessive thirst in diabetic patients.
- The fiber and the minerals in the bottle gourd or lauki supports healthy digestion and combats flatulence.
- It is also known to prevent premature greying.
- Lauki or bottle gourd juice with a pinch of sea salt maintains the electrolyte balance in the body.
- Bottle gourd is recommended by doctors for reducing liver inflammation.